Design Problem 4 Intro Notes
- Combined pictures and texts = created story
- Dramatic scene – adds to the climax ‘action’
- Static, 1st or 3rd frame
- Pacing: not too fast or too slow
- Too fast: not build up suspense
- Too slow: not enough room for main story
- Humans have natural ability to connect/draw conclusions
- Transition (link different frames)
- Closure (connect)
- The visual techniques like how dramatic, detailed, emotional etc. The characters can communicate the majority of the message.
- Gag structure, punch line, expectations, and exaggeration, extreme.
- Not only humor. Tell story, be serious; narration, adventurous.
- Comics: consecutive panels
- Composition of art re-enforces commentary.
- Demonstrates narrative economy + evocative art.
- Gets attention
- Narrative economy? Portraying + poking fun at realistic as well as bizarreness.
-Connection between writing + drawing
- Importance of thumbnail sketches
- Layouts: superhero type thumbnails
- Thumbnails: quick rough drawing
- Thumbnail is the first essential step for making comics.